Happy birthday, Chuck Norris! The star of Silent Rage, Forced Vengeance, Lone Wolf McQuade, Missing In Action (one and two,) Code Of Silence, Invasion USA and other generation defining motion pictures turns a shockingly robust 70 years old today.
It's odd Mr. Norris never made a movie called Lone Wolf Renaissance Man, for truly he wears many hats: Actor, martial artist, author, philanthropist, informercialist, World Net Daily columnist, Prop 8 supporter, Mike Huckabee lover, gun enthusiast, health reform opponent.
Truly, when Chuck Norris does a push-up, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
If one is searching for a set of rules to live by, one could do much worse than Mr. Norris' personal code:
- I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
- I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
- I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family.
- I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
- If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
- I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
- I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
- I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
- I will always remain loyal to God, my country, family and my friends.
- I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.
NIcely put, but Mr. Norris might want to review number six, when he makes jokes like this:
America is not a democracy. It's a Chuck-tatorship. If that was true -- if that was true, I would go to Washington. I'd line up every member of Washington, and I'd have Ron Paul, who I believe is one of the more honest politicians back there -- I'd say, "Ron, point out the honest politicians and the dishonest ones." We'd go down the line and he'd say, "He's honest. He's honest. He's corrupted." And I'd walk up to him and I'd say, "You're fired." If he didn't move immediately, I would choke him unconscious and lay him over to the side there."
Have a great day. Mr. Norris.
Don't hurt me.