Some of you may love snow and some of you may hate it. Me? I'm the former, so I love this video on the chemistry of snowflakes. I can't wait until the next winter storm so I can sit and watch the snow fall, imagining the crystal shapes filling the sky.
And now for more science:
- Where to run and hide when the Sun turns into a red giant.
- Should you need to go farther afield, here are nine potentially habitable exoplanets.
- Check out this earliest use of what later became known as Venn diagrams in 1712.
- In space no one can hear you scream, but that doesn't mean it's quiet aboard the International Space Station.
- Bored with your font choices? Cosmic Sans is out of this world.
- We astronomers call 'em like we see 'em. Meet the ELT: the extremely large telescope.
- A incredible selection of space images celebrating 50 years of space photography.
- Lastly, in case you still don't think we are living in the future, here's a list of the most futuristic predictions that came true last year.
Stayed tuned for more geek in 2013... @Summer_Ash